How to identify the authenticity of a silk carpet?

How to identify the authenticity of a silk carpet?

How to identify the authenticity of a silk carpet?

In this post, we are going to provide you with some information about some methods of testing the silk of a carpet. If you intend to buy a real or genuine silk carpet, knowing these methods can help you. These methods are very easy to use, therefore if you them, you can make sure that the carpet you are going to buy is made up of real silk.

Silk

Being familiar with texture of the silk, can make it easy for you to identify the real silk carpets. For this reason, we provide you with some brief information about silk before testing it. In fact, Silk is a natural protein fiber which is naturally obtained from silkworm cocoons.  In other words, natural or real silk is composed mainly of proteins.

The real silk carpet

Today the so-called silk carpets are of different types; real/genuine and fake /synthetic carpets. Therefore, if you may know the methods of testing the silk of a carpet, you can distinguish the real silk from the synthetic one. The real silk carpet is made up of silkworm cocoons and is composed of around 90% silk. Accordingly, the process of silk production begins with extracting raw silk through cultivating the silkworms. After the worms become pupated in their cocoons, they are dissolved in boiling water. Then the produced fibers are extracted and fed into the spinning reel.

What is real silk carpet made of?

If you are looking for the methods of testing the authenticity of the silk, you should note that the material of which the real/genuine silk is made is totally different from the fake/synthetic one. Many of those who are familiar with these methods know that real silk is made up of natural materials. Real silk is a natural protein fiber which contains amino acids such as Alanine, Serine, Valine, Glycine, Tyrosine and Glutamate. In fact, natural silk has a special chemical formula called C15H23O6N5 and it can be easily identified using the silk testing methods in the labs.

Some methods of distinguishing the real silk from the fake one are as follows:

• The burning test

One of the methods of testing the silk is to burn it with a flame. This way, you can easily identify the real silk carpet. For this purpose, ask the salesman for permission to burn a carpet thread with a flame. When it is burnt, the real silk will create the smell of burnt hair. The reason is that both hair and genuine silk have similar textures and are both made up of protein. However, when the synthetic silk is burnt, it will turn into the soft and white ash and will create the smell of burnt paper.

• The touching test

Another method of testing the silk of a carpet is to touch and rub the silk with your hands. This is a very simple way to identify the real silk. Accordingly, it is enough to touch and rub the carpet for a short time. If you feel warm in the palm of your hand, it indicates that the silk of the carpet is natural. However if you do not feel warm, it shows that the silk is synthetic.

• The chemical test

One of the other methods of testing the silk of the carpet is to solve a small piece of it into a solution. For this purpose, at a room with the normal temperature, add 16 grams copper sulfate and 10 grams glycerin to 150 ml of water and then gradually add one tablespoon caustic soda into it. If it is dissolved in this solution, the silk is real, otherwise it is synthetic.

7 Replies to “How to identify the authenticity of a silk carpet?”

1. yeezy boost 350 v2

I just wanted to write a small comment in order to say thanks to you for the splendid information you are giving out at this site. My rather long internet look up has now been honored with professional information to write about with my family and friends. I ‘d say that most of us site visitors actually are quite fortunate to exist in a superb site with so many brilliant people with valuable opinions. I feel extremely lucky to have used your webpage and look forward to so many more excellent minutes reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.

2. harden shoes

I have to express thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from this situation. As a result of researching through the search engines and meeting opinions which were not powerful, I thought my life was gone. Living without the answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out by way of the article is a critical case, and the kind that could have negatively damaged my career if I had not encountered your web blog. The training and kindness in playing with every aspect was excellent. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t discovered such a solution like this. I can at this point look forward to my future. Thanks very much for your specialized and amazing guide. I won’t think twice to refer your web page to any person who will need guide on this subject matter.

3. vapormax

I want to express my respect for your kindness giving support to people that must have guidance on this niche. Your real commitment to getting the solution all through appeared to be exceptionally significant and have encouraged folks like me to arrive at their targets. Your amazing warm and helpful instruction implies this much to me and substantially more to my office colleagues. Many thanks; from each one of us.

4. balenciaga

My husband and i were now ecstatic that Ervin could deal with his basic research through the ideas he discovered using your web page. It’s not at all simplistic just to always be making a gift of information and facts that people could have been trying to sell. We really recognize we now have you to appreciate for that. These illustrations you’ve made, the simple site menu, the relationships your site assist to foster – it’s got many terrific, and it is helping our son and the family reckon that this idea is amusing, and that’s very pressing. Thank you for everything!

5. fitflops sale clearance

My husband and i were joyous when Louis managed to carry out his web research with the ideas he gained in your web pages. It is now and again perplexing just to always be making a gift of steps which other folks have been trying to sell. And we all discover we now have the blog owner to give thanks to because of that. The illustrations you made, the simple site menu, the friendships you can help to engender – it’s got everything sensational, and it’s really facilitating our son and the family understand the content is pleasurable, which is really fundamental. Many thanks for all!

6. chrome hearts online

I wish to express my gratitude for your kind-heartedness giving support to women who must have assistance with that matter. Your personal commitment to getting the message up and down became incredibly effective and have in most cases encouraged workers just like me to achieve their pursuits. Your own informative guidelines means this much to me and additionally to my peers. Warm regards; from everyone of us.

7. curry 5

I wanted to compose you a little note so as to thank you once again just for the extraordinary methods you have shown on this website. This has been quite strangely open-handed with you giving unhampered what many people could have offered for sale for an ebook to generate some profit for their own end, mostly given that you might well have done it if you ever considered necessary. These suggestions as well worked to be the good way to fully grasp that many people have similar dream like mine to know the truth much more around this problem. I believe there are numerous more fun situations in the future for folks who view your blog post.