Maintenance of silk carpet

Maintenance of silk carpet

Maintenance of silk carpet

The silk carpet is the most precious among the handmade carpets. Hence, this type of carpets is more difficult to maintain and requires you to know more about it.

If it is properly maintained, a silk carpet can last for centuries and retain its original quality, appearance and elegance. Here are a few tips to help you make your silk carpet last longer.

1-Removal of moisture

Washing a carpet using acidic or alkaline detergents will damage it. After the carpet is washed or when it becomes wet for whatever reason, make sure that the moisture is completely removed because it can make rotted areas in the carpet.

Water is the best material one can use for carpet cleaning and stain removal. It can be stated, however, that water is the worst enemy of carpet as well as its best friend. In other words, if you don’t dry your carpet when it becomes wet, the moisture can damage it. It should be noted that even carpets with high color stability can also be damaged if they are left wet. It does not mean, however, that you fear of using handmade carpets where they are exposed to water; places such as the bathroom or the kitchen. If the carpet became wet, try to dry it as soon as possible. To dry the carpet, you can either use a hair dryer or simply air dry it. If the carpet is too wet, the best way is to brush the piles in the opposite direction and at the same time try to dry it. Before doing anything, however, it is better to remove the water from the carpet.

2-Exposure to vermin

The best way to maintain a silk carpet and prevent it from vermin is to place it where it is easily exposed to sunlight and fresh air. If the carpet is used in high traffic areas, it is less likely to be exposed to vermin. However, if you intend to store it, you need to check it every so often.

3-Hanging the carpet

To hang a carpet on the wall for a long period of time, you must not use nails or iron fasteners on the upper part of it. However when you use brackets, the weight of the silk is evenly distributed. The best way is sewing a piece of cloth tightly on the back of the carpet and then passing a metal rod through it and finally hanging the rod to the wall. This makes the silk carpet look even more beautiful on the wall. In addition, the weight of the carpet is evenly distributed.

4-Storing the carpet

If you intend to store a silk carpet for a long period of time, you can use a sheet to pack it, however using plastic bags is not recommended. The reason is that handmade carpets, especially the silk ones require fresh air. So if they are kept in plastic bags, it will lead to carpet mold.

Another method is using a wooden box and some tobacco or naphthalene pills. Keep in mind that these pills need to be replaced every few months. It is also suggested that you lay the carpets on top of each other.

Never should you store a silk carpet in humid, warm and wet places because it creates the bad odor, discolors the carpet and causes a decline in the carpet quality. Additionally, to avoid carpet mold, try not to leave your carpet wet. Moreover, do not store a silk carpet in a warm cupboard, as it damages the carpet and reduces its durability.

5-Damaging the carpet

If you have damaged your silk carpet, consult an experienced expert and have it repaired as soon as possible. All damaged parts of the carpet, even its holes can be repaired and after that, again the carpet will become beautiful and elegant.

6-Rotating the carpet

A carpet should be rotated regularly. The reason is to prevent the carpet from being discolored in the same area, if it is exposed to direct sunlight. Use window blinds on harsh sunny days to reduce the effects of direct sunlight on the silk carpet.

7 Replies to “Maintenance of silk carpet”

1. nike air vapormax

I have to express my gratitude for your generosity giving support to those people that actually need guidance on in this subject matter. Your special commitment to getting the solution along was quite valuable and has specifically made others just like me to achieve their endeavors. Your new warm and helpful advice entails a great deal a person like me and additionally to my colleagues. Thanks a ton; from all of us.

2. yeezy

I truly wanted to develop a simple remark to be able to say thanks to you for all the amazing tips and hints you are writing here. My long internet investigation has at the end been recognized with useful concept to share with my great friends. I would assume that most of us site visitors are very endowed to live in a magnificent place with very many outstanding individuals with good points. I feel rather happy to have seen your entire web page and look forward to so many more brilliant times reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

3. air max 90

I wanted to make a message so as to thank you for all the great guides you are giving on this site. My rather long internet search has at the end been paid with good quality insight to write about with my company. I ‘d express that we visitors are very much endowed to live in a wonderful network with so many outstanding people with helpful secrets. I feel very much happy to have encountered the weblog and look forward to tons of more enjoyable times reading here. Thanks a lot once more for everything.

4. supreme new york

I have to show some appreciation to you just for bailing me out of this setting. Because of surfing throughout the search engines and obtaining suggestions that were not productive, I was thinking my life was over. Existing without the approaches to the problems you’ve sorted out by way of your entire short post is a critical case, as well as the ones which could have negatively damaged my career if I had not discovered your site. Your primary understanding and kindness in dealing with every item was invaluable. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a step like this. I can also at this point look forward to my future. Thanks very much for this expert and result oriented help. I will not hesitate to suggest the website to anyone who ought to have direction about this problem.

5. air jordan

I must voice my appreciation for your generosity in support of men and women that should have help on this important study. Your special commitment to getting the solution throughout came to be exceptionally productive and have consistently made guys just like me to achieve their dreams. Your new informative help means much to me and especially to my office workers. Regards; from each one of us.

6. jordan shoes

I would like to express some appreciation to you for rescuing me from this particular issue. Because of checking throughout the the net and seeing concepts which are not powerful, I assumed my life was over. Being alive devoid of the solutions to the issues you’ve fixed by way of your main short post is a critical case, as well as ones which could have badly damaged my career if I had not come across your blog. Your own personal natural talent and kindness in playing with a lot of stuff was tremendous. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not come upon such a thing like this. I can also now look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for this reliable and effective help. I will not hesitate to endorse your blog to anybody who wants and needs care about this topic.

7. polo ralph lauren

Thanks a lot for giving everyone a very marvellous possiblity to read from here. It really is so brilliant plus full of fun for me personally and my office fellow workers to visit your blog not less than thrice weekly to learn the new issues you have got. And definitely, I’m so usually fascinated considering the gorgeous strategies served by you. Selected 3 tips in this article are ultimately the most beneficial I have ever had.