Useful tips before purchasing a handmade carpet
Due to their high-quality, handmade carpets are very popular and that’s why many are still willing to spend a lot of money to purchase nothing but a handmade carpet.
However, before deciding to purchase a handmade carpet, it is better to know some tips on the method of recognizing the quality of these carpets.
This article highlights the most important tips you can use to make the best purchase.
- You should note that handmade carpets look luminous and elegant. You can easily recognize this feature whether you are standing close to or far from it.
- Handmade carpets’ fluffs are very flexible. If you touch the fluffs of a handmade carpet with your hands, you can feel that they are more delicate and flexible than the fluffs of a machine woven carpet. Considering this feature, you should also know that handmade carpets are different from each other. It means that some handmade carpets might be more flexible than the others. That is why you are always recommended to purchase carpets which are more flexible. Besides, these carpets are much easier to wash.
- Pay close attention to colors of fluffs, as the surface of the carpet might have been synthetically dyed. Taking a close look at the fluffs will make you realize whether or not the fluffs have the same color from the top to the bottoms.
- There might be a slight difference in the size of the lower part of a handmade carpet. Since machine woven carpets are perfectly symmetrical, this difference is not a sign of carpet defect; but it just indicates that the carpet you are going to buy is a real handmade carpet.
- One of the things which can assure you that the carpet you are purchasing is a real handmade carpet is the color of its fluffs. You should know that the color of the fluffs in the direction of the piles is darker.
- Many people might concern that the money they are going to spend on purchasing a handmade carpet is wasted over time. However, they should know that when a handmade carpet is woven using natural fibers and dyes, it becomes more valuable and attractive over time.
- Since the fibers used in handmade carpets are produced from natural materials, they stay cool in summer and warm in winter. However, due to their synthetic fibers, there is no such a temperature change in machine woven carpets.
- Before you decide to purchase a handmade carpet, it is best to moisturize it with a wet cleaning cloth. If the dye of the carpet penetrates into the cloth, it will indicate that the fibers are synthetic; otherwise you can make sure that carpet dye and its fibers are natural.